Editorial in the Washington Examiner
Among those to be included in the meeting, according to the Rogers letter, were Nicole Kovite, director of the public agency project for Project Vote; Spencer Overton, deputy assistant attorney general for legal policy; Cecilia Munoz, then-director of intergovernmental affairs in the Obama White House; and Tino Cuellar, special assistant to the president for justice and regulatory policy. Munoz was recently promoted to chief domestic advisor to Obama.
Other letters obtained by Judicial Watch from Rogers to high-ranking Justice Department officials include a March 2011 missive to associate attorney general Thomas Perrelli, about a document she forwarded to him “for improvement” after a previous meeting on NVRA litigation. The letters also show that during the 2010 election cycle Project Vote used the threat of NVRA suits by the DOJ to pressure officials in Missouri, Ohio, Indiana, Georgia and New Mexico to change policies and procedures to facilitate voter registration among public assistance recipients. Federal NVRA suits were filed last year by the DOJ against Rhode Island and Louisiana after officials there balked at changing their registration policies and procedures.
Given ACORN/Project Vote’s extensive links to voter registration fraud schemes across the country, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa of California might want to ask Holder about these matters on Feb. 2 when the attorney general appears before the panel.
MORE ON THESE TOPICS:
- 2012 Election
- Attorney General Eric Holder
- Judicial Watch
- President Obama
- project vote
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Voter Registration Fraud
- Eric Holder Announces Opposition to Election Integrity Laws (lettingfreedomring.com)
- US Attorney General Says Black People Less Capable to Get Photo ID
- Voter Cheating (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama & Holder: Pimping The Vote (americandefenseleague.wordpress.com)
- New Documents Show Department of Justice Coordination with ACORN-Connected Project Vote (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)
- Barack Obama Violates Federal Law – Funding Voter Fraud To Win 2012 Election? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- ACORN Visits Obama White House (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A new Chicago-based minority voter outreach program: What could go wrong? (michellemalkin.com)
- Morning Bell: Voter ID Prevents Election Fraud (lettingfreedomring.com)
- The Push for Voter ID Laws (lettingfreedomring.com)