During a trip through Colorado in December of last year, President Obama spoke of his intention to implement his economic policies with or without the approval of Congress. Said Obama, “And where Congress is not willing to act, we’re going to go ahead and do it ourselves.” It now appears that such a mindset applies not only to economic matters but to the distribution of foreign aid as well–in particular, foreign military aid for the Muslim Brotherhood, who now hold the reigns in Egypt.
Congress has restricted and, in fact, halted military aid to Egypt until and “unless the State Department certifies that Egypt is making progress on basic freedoms and human rights.” After all, Christians and other practitioners of non-Islamic religions have had a tough go of it there. And of course, many Egyptian officials harbor such hatred toward the U.S. that one of the candidates for the Egyptian presidency has openly referred to America as the “infidel country” in media interviews.
Nevertheless, the news breaking now is that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will soon announce that President Obama will “resume funding for Egypt’s military, despite Congressional restrictions and objections from human rights and democracy advocates.”
Even Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-VT), a man with whom I’ve never agreed on anything, sees the foolishness of this endeavor: “I believe [sending the aid] would be a mistake. The new [restrictions were] intended to put the United States squarely on the side of the Egyptian people who seek a civilian government that respects fundamental freedoms and the rule of law, and to clearly define the terms of our future relations with the Egyptian military.”
Who knows; perhaps the Obama administration can also circumvent Congress and give the Iranians some nuclear materials or give Hamas some advanced weaponry? I know both ideas sound crazy, but they’re no crazier than giving $1.5 billion in military aid to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Read more here.
H/T American Freedom
- Muslim Brotherhood- History and Ideology (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Declare the Muslim Brotherhood A Terrorist Organization (lettingfreedomring.com)
- The Obama-Brotherhood Love Affair Heats Up (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama pals and Global Muslim Brotherhood Leaders Tariq Ramadan And Youssef Qaradawi Come Together (lettingfreedomring.com)
- President Obama’s myopic view of the Muslim Brotherhood (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama-Endorsed Rev. Jeremiah “G-d Damn America” Wright Calls on Muslims to Retake Jerusalem (lettingfreedomring.com)
- THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD’S “PROJECT” FOR ISRAEL AND AMERICA (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Barack Obama to Khalid Muhammad: Two Degrees of Separation. Also Khalid Al Mansour Connection to Obama (funding Harvard Education). (lettingfreedomring.com)
- “The Project” (A Global Strategy for Islamic Policy) – Eerily similar to “An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America” (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Supreme Court Justice–Elena Kagan–is Pro Sharia Law! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Islamist grip on Egypt may tighten: Muslim Brotherhood eyes presidency (rt.com)