Kasey’s Note: Could Allen West be right afterall – Communists and Socialists in Congress and the White House?
On Thursday, the National Review’s Stanley Kurtzreported that “recently obtained” documents reveal that Barack Obama was a member of the far-left wing New Party in the 1990’s, something Obama’s campaign denied in 2008.
According to Kurtz, Obama “signed a ‘contract’ promising to publicly support and associate himself with the New Party while in office.”
Not only was the President a member of the group, the document revealed that he asked the party for an endorsement.
Minutes taken at a January 1996 meeting of the Chicago chapter of the New Party read, in part:
Barack Obama, candidate for State Senate in the 13th Legislative District, gave a statement to the membership and answered questions. He signed the New Party “Candidate Contract” and requested an endorsement from the New Party. He also joined the New Party.
“Consistent with this, a roster of the Chicago chapter of the New Party from early 1997 lists Obama as a member, with January 11, 1996, indicated as the date he joined,” Kurtz wrote.
In October 2008, Kurtz made the same claim at the National Review, but the Obama campaign called the claim a “crackpot smear.”
“Barack has been a member of only one political party, the Democratic Party,” said “Fight the Smears,” a website set up by the Obama campaign to counter conservative criticisms of then-Senator Obama.
Billy Hallowell of The Blaze wrote that “a picture of Obama was published on the cover of the New Party News pamphlet back in 1996, serving as a small sliver of evidence that he had potential ties with the political party.”
That same year, Obama headlined an event held by the Democratic Socialists of America.
A post at Catholic Online characterized the New Party as “a socialist party with a platform described as ‘substantially to the left of the Democratic party.'”
Kurtz noted that in 2008, Politico’s Ben Smith was the only reporter in the so-called mainstream media to cover the potential scandal. Kurtz wrote that apparently, Smith’s “evident purpose was to dismiss it out of hand.”
“He contacted Obama’s official spokesman Ben LaBolt, who claimed that his candidate ‘was never a member’ of the New Party. And New Party co-founder and leader Joel Rogers told Smith, ‘We didn’t really have members,’” Kurtz added.
“But a line in the New Party’s official newsletter explicitly identified Obama as a party member. Rogers dismissed that as mere reference to ‘the fact that the party had endorsed him,’” the article says.
Kurtz concluded by asking if the same media machine – known here as the Democrat-media complex – that let Obama off the hook in 2008 will “refuse to report that President Obama once joined a leftist third party, and that he hid that truth from the American people in order to win the presidency.”
He also hinted that there is more to come on this story.
For more click here.
- Portrait of a Failed “Messiah” – Tea Party Nation (lettingfreedomring.com)
- List of Barack Obama Lies…..and they keep coming! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama – The “Apologetic” President (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama’s Gaffe Hints at Hidden Agenda in Second Term (lettingfreedomring.com)
- President Liar, Year One 2008-2009 (lettingfreedomring.com)
- More Lies – Washington Post Gives WH 3 Pinnochios for Obama’s Spending Growth Claims (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Is Progressivism the New Communism? (Just Ask Rep. Allen West!) (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Allen West Compares Socialist Democrat Party to National Socialists (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Allen West: 80 communists in the House (lettingfreedomring.com)
- More Corruption? Recordings reveal Obama officials pressured contractors to change job loss figures (lettingfreedomring.com)
- The Left’s Seven Tragic Terror Lies (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama just caught in big lie? (wnd.com)
- Well Done Stanley Kurtz – National Review Online (theparlanceofpadzu.blogspot.com)