The Obama camp claims Mitt Romney either outsourced thousands of jobs at Bain Capital or is a felon…both of which have been proven false. Obama, the king of outsourcing is also the king of hypocrisy when he claims, with a straight face, that outsourcing is bad for the American economy – while he outsourced billions in taxpayer stimulus funds and sent our space program to Russia! Isn’t he the same hypocrite who had his Justice Department shut down Gibson Guitar and recommend they outsource their jobs? Is there no limit to his ego, narcissism, childishness, and pure unadulterated evil?
President Obama Outsources ‘Stimulus’ Funds While Americans Struggle to Find Jobs
Speaker Boehner took President Obama to task for recent reports that taxpayer-funded ‘stimulus’ dollars were outsourced to foreign firms and workers, saying “the president owes every American an explanation” as to why their money was shipped overseas while millions remain out of work here at home. Here are just a few examples of the Obama administration’s ‘stimulus’ outsourcing for which the American people – particularly the nearly 13 million unemployed – deserve answers:
- After receiving a $500 million stimulus loan guarantee, Fisker Automotive is producing their $100,000 luxury electric sports car in Finland. (“Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars in Finland,” ABC News, 10/20/11)
- Nearly Half of President Obama’s $2.4 billion devoted to advanced vehicle batteries went to foreign companies in places like Russia, China, South Korea and France. (“Obama Sends Stimulus Aid to Foreign Firms,” Washington Times, 8/6/09)
- Sempra Energy was awarded a $337-million loan guarantee to supply panels for a solar power plant in Arizona. However, the company purchased its solar panels from the Chinese solar giant Suntech. (“Sempra Gets $337 Million Guarantee for Arizona Solar Project,” Bloomberg News, 9/28/11)
- Two South Korean companies – LG Chem and Dow Kokam — were given $303 million to produce car batteries in the U.S., but then brought in foreign workers. Local unions have criticized the company for filling jobs with foreign workers. (“Unions Say Foreign Workers Taking Stimulus Jobs,” CBS News, 4/13/12)
- “An April 2010 study by the Energy Department found that 60 percent of the 40 largest wind farms then financed by the stimulus relied on foreign manufacturers for their central components, including turbines.”(“Obama’s Record on Outsourcing Draws Criticism from the Left,” The Washington Post, 7/9/12)
- California-based Tezo Systems lost its bid for a ‘stimulus’-funded grant to install television monitors on California buses to a New Zealand company. (“Santa Clarita Rejects Protest, New Zealand Company Keeps Stimulus Contract,” NBC4 Los Angeles, 5/16/12)
- A federal investigation found that “at least $7 million in federal stimulus money intended to provide jobs to unemployed Oregonians instead paid wages to 254 foreign workers.” (“Federal Stimulus Money for Oregon Jobs Hired Foreign Workers,” The Oregonian, 10/20/12)
Meanwhile, Americans are struggling under a sputtering economy made worse by the president’s policies. Small businesses are planning to cut jobs because of the president’s health care law and are afraid to hire with the looming tax hike scheduled to take effect on January 1st. And the president has refused to call on Senate Democrats to pass the more than 30 bipartisan, House-passed jobs bills they continue blocking. With all due respect, the president’s priorities could not be more misplaced.
House Republicans continued fighting for jobs this week, voting to fully repeal the president’s health care law that is raising costs and making it harder for small businesses to hire, and will vote later this month to stop the president’s small business tax hike that economists and job creators say will make new jobs even harder to come by. Learn more and see what else the Republican-led House is doing to lead where the president has failed on creating a better environment for private-sector job growth in America (not China) at jobs.gop.gov.
- “If I Wanted America to Fail”…..I would continue on the path we are on! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- America Gone (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama’s Legal Humiliation (lettingfreedomring.com)
- For Help With Their Failed GM ‘Investment,’ Obama Administration Asked…Bain Capital (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Pinnochio Has Nothing On Obama Campaign – Lies About Romney and Bain Continue (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Obama Administration Outsourced Jobs with Stimulus Funding (cnsnews.com)
- Outsourcing millions of taxpayer dollars through stimulus spending (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Obamanomics Outsourced (contracostagop.wordpress.com)