LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) – Adding to the argument that abortion threatens one sector of American society over others, Catherine Davis, president of The Restoration Project pointed out to the great racial disparity of women currently getting abortions.Davis said that according to the Centers for Disease Control, statistics prove that while blacks represent about 13 percent of the U.S. population, 35 percent of abortions are performed on black women.
“There is one organization whose mission is one of population control that greatly influences this disproportionate rate – that’s Planned Parenthood,” Davis said. Davis, along with other panelists, called for Congress to stop funding the organization. “They are the largest abortion provider, performing more than 329,000 abortions a year.”
Rep. West is an ardent critic of taxpayer funding for the nation’s largest provider and promoter of abortion, Planned Parenthood. West, one of two African American Republicans currently serving in Congress, has called attention to the disproportionately high abortion rate in the African American community. “It is absolutely offensive to me that Planned Parenthood is located in so many of our black communities,” West previously stated at a town hall meeting.
Other speakers at the event included Ryan Bomberger, founder of the Radiance Foundation. Bomberger’s mother was raped but carried her pregnancy to later give Bomberger up for adoption.
Bomberger’s biography states that, “His life defies the myth of the ‘unwanted’ child as he was adopted, loved and has flourished.”
West says that while cutting the federal debt and deficit, limited government, and a strong defense are vital to a strong America, the social pillars are also important.
“We cannot forget our traditional cultural values: the strength of marriage, the strength of family, the protection of the unborn,” West said.
- Activist: “Abortion Threatens Black America’s Future” (bookerrising.net)
- Congressman Allen West and the National Black Prolife Coalition to Hold Education Forum (allenwestrepublic.wordpress.com)
- Abortion Is The #1 Cause of Death In the Black Community By Design (carlislemitchell.wordpress.com)
- Fact:Each year, Planned Parenthood aborts more than 320,000 innocent lives (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- ALLEN WEST: Black Americans should vote for Mitt Romney (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Allen West: Democrats Are ‘Afraid of Black Conservatives’ (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Allen West “Democrats are the most racist party I’ve ever seen in my life” (frontpagemag.com)