Via The Blaze
Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said Saturday he has sources saying President Barack Obama was in the room at the White House watching the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya unfold.
Two unarmed U.S. drones were dispatched to the consulate and recorded the final hours of the attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
“This was in the middle of the business day in Washington, so everybody at the White House, CIA, Pentagon, everybody was watching this go down,” Shaffer said on Fox News’ “Justice with Judge Jeanine.” “According to my sources, yes, [Obama] was one of those in the White House Situation Room in real-time watching this.”
Shaffer served as a senior operations officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Afghanistan in 2003 and wrote a book critical of the policies there. The U.S. government purchased the entire print run for $47,000 in an attempt at censorship just before its 2010 publication, claiming it contained classified material.
Shaffer said the question now is what precisely Obama did or didn’t do in the moments he saw the attack unfolding. The CIA reportedly made three urgent requests for military backup that were each denied.
Read the rest at The Blaze
- Obama Knew in Real Time That Benghazi Was a Terror Attack by Ansar al Sharia (independentsentinel.com)
- Benghazi targets were “painted”,air support overhead, and Obama CALLED OFF STRIKE? (therightofway.net)
- White House Says It Did Not Deny Requests for Help in Benghazi – But Did Not Issue Orders to Save US Security Officials Either (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Bombshell: Benghazi Targets Painted, Air Support Overhead – Obama Calls Off Strike (freedomoutpost.com)
- Ann Barnhardt on Benghazi (boudicabpi.com)