New Mexico Governor Susanna Martinez: “I was a Democrat for many years. So were my parents.” One day she and her husband were at lunch with some Republicans. They never talked about being Republican or Democrat or even Conservative or Liberal. They talked about many issues like welfare, taxes, and size of government. When they left that lunch, she turned to her husband and said, “I’ll be damned, we’re Republicans”!
Governor Martinez is the first female Hispanic governor of the United States. And she gets it! I think if more people would really look at where they stand on the issues, they will find, like Governor Martinez, they are Republicans. I think many liberals, especially African-Americans, think they have to vote Democrat because they have always voted Democrat. What about Republican Martin Luther King Jr.? What about John F. Kennedy who once proclaimed, “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country”? Current Democrats are just the opposite – they think the government is the answer and provider to all.
I loved her speech – especially “President Obama has added 5 trillion dollars to the national debt, and he DID build that!”
I am so proud of our young new stars and really believe there is hope for our country!
- Mia Love – “Mr. President I am here to tell you we are not buying what you are selling in 2012″ (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Ex-Dem and Obama Backer Artur Davis Wows the Convention – And is at the RIGHT One This Time! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- MSNBC abandons GOP convention during every speech by a minority (And Chris Matthews calls RNC racist?) (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Transcript & Video: Susanna Martinez at the RNC: I looked over at Chuck and said, “I’ll be damned. we’re Republicans.’ (independentsentinel.com)
- We Are Not All Entrepreneurs (theamericanconservative.com)